The second component of the Cathedral Centre will be the redevelopment of Liston House.
Liston House was built in 1960 to accommodate various administrative departments of the Diocese. In 1988, however, diocesan staff moved out of Liston House to the newly-built Pompallier Centre on New Street, Ponsonby.
Liston House currently houses the Cathedral office (Level 1), Parish Centre (Ground Floor), Liston Hall (Lower Ground Floor) and various commercial businesses.
The redevelopment of Liston House will include:
- Reconfiguring the building to create an ‘L' shape that enfolds rather than encroaches on the Square.
- Creating parish community and retail space on the ground floor.
- Creating a commercial first floor.
- Creating top floor accommodation for priests.
- Developing basement parking with access from Hobson Street.
Work is planned to begin within the next ten years.